A. Cleaning temp folder
- Press and hold the Windows key and the letter ‘R’ together.
- Once the Run window opens, enter the text “temp”, without quotes, and press Enter key.
- Now, you will have Windows Explorer with the system junk files folder open.
- Select any file or folder in the open Window and then press and hold the ‘CTRL’ and alphabet ‘A’ together.
- Now, right click the highlighted files.
- While pressing down the ‘Shift’ key, select the option “Delete” from the menu.
- If you are prompted to click on ‘Yes’ or ‘Allow’ or ‘Continue’, select the check box to the left bottom corner of the pop up window and then click on the visible button mentioned.
- Repeat the step 7. If the pop ups continue for more than a few times, select the option to the left bottom corner of the pop up window and select ‘Skip’ and repeat the same.
- Once the deletion is complete, you may close the Temp folder window and continue to next step.
B. Cleaning %temp% folder
The steps to clean the temporary user files is to follow the same steps above to clean the temp folder as above, where the command ‘temp’ is replaced with “%temp%”, without quotes.
C. Clean Up System Files
- Press the Windows key and the ‘R’ key together to open the Run command window.
- Now, enter the text “cleanmgr”, without quotes.
- Then, select the hard drive partition from the drop down in the pop up window and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Once the scan for junk data is complete, select the items from the list, except the Recycle Bin.
- Click on ‘OK’ button and wait for the cleaning operation to complete.
D. Clearing Internet Explorer junk files
- Press and hold the Windows key and the letter ‘R’ at once.
- In the Run window, enter the command ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and then hit Enter key.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab on the Internet Options window.
- Then, click on the reset button.
- Now, select the option to delete the personal settings in the pop up window.
Wait for the reset to complete and then continue to the next step.
Disk cleanup (Windows 10 S (2017),Windows 10 (2015) - MS Version 6.4,Windows 8/8.1 (2012-2013) - MS Version 6.2/6.3,Windows 7 (2009) - MS Version 6.1,Windows Vista (2006) - MS Version 6.0)
Delete temporary files:
In the search box on the taskbar, type
disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
Select the drive you want to clean up, and then select
Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
- If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:
In Disk Cleanup, select Clean up system files.
Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool prior to running the System File Checker.
(If you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, skip to Step 3.)
Type the following command, and then press Enter.
It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead
Fragmentation makes your hard disk do extra work that can slow down your computer. Removable storage devices such as USB flash drives can also become fragmented. Disk Defragmenter in Windows rearranges fragmented data so your disks and drives can work more efficiently. Disk Defragmenter runs on a schedule, but you can also analyze and defragment your disks and drives manually. To do this, follow these steps:
Defragment your hard disk to improve Computer performance
- Open Disk Defragmenter by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.
- Under Current status, select the disk you want to defragment.
- To determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not, click Analyze disk. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Once Windows is finished analyzing the disk, you can check the percentage of fragmentation on the disk in the Last Run column. If the number is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.
- Click Defragment disk.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Step 1. Temporarily disable Firewall and Antivirus.
while installing or updating the Microsoft Office may occur in case of Network or firewall restriction. The network rules or firewall rules in the network/computer may block the installation of Office program or its updating as a part of their security measurements. These firewall rules and Antivirus are implemented on the computer by the network provider or the computer user on its core system or registry.
You could fix by disabling the firewall or antivirus temporarily or you could fix the by making creating an exceptional rule for Microsoft Office installation or update.
Follow the steps to disable Firewall:
Step 1. Open “control panel”
Step 2. Navigate to “system and security” and then to “Windows Firewall”
Step 3. Click on “turn windows firewall On or Off”
Step 4. Select Turn Off firewall for both private and public network.
Step 5. Try installing or updating Microsoft Office and check whether
Follow the steps to disable Antivirus:
Step 1. Open Antivirus application installed on the computer.
Step 2. Click on settings and navigate to real time protection.
Step 3. Turn Off real time protection.
Step 4. Navigate to Antivirus firewall.
Step 5. Turn off Antivirus firewall.
Step 6. Click on YES or OK confirmation prompt if prompted.
Step 7. Try installing or updating Microsoft Office and check whether
Step 2. SFC Scan
Also occurs in case of system file errors or corruption. If the Error 80090030
is occurred due to the system file corruption, it could be fixed easily by the SFC scan. The SFC scan or system file checking scan is the process of replacing or repairing the corrupted copy of system files using the cached copy of the file from the directory.
Follow the steps to initiate SFC scan:
Step 1. Open command prompt in administrative privileges.
Step 2. Type “ sfc /scannow “ and click enter.
Step 3. The scan will begin automatically .
Step 4. Do not close the command prompt until the scan get completed.
Step 5. Try installing or updating Microsoft Office and check whether the Error
Step 3. Registry repair to fix Error 80090030
also occurs due to registry corruption or key value errors. A single key value corruption or change may lead to malfunctioning of the entire Microsoft Office program.
In order to fix Error it is required to repair the registry keys and rebuilt the string values. And we request you to back up the registry before initiating the registry repair as registry is a highly sensitive element of a computer system and it is recommended to be done in the presence of Online or offline technician.
Follow the steps to repair registry:
Step 1. Open registry editor
Step 2. Delete the preinstalled or older registry key which block the installation of latest version or update.
Step 3. Navigate the below keys and delete it.
Step 5. Also change the DWORD values in below keys from 0 to 1 in Office common registry folder.
Restart the Computer